The magic 8-ball says: I'm ready. I think I am, anyway. It's been a little over 3 months since X left us. Short time, I know. At least when you bring dating again into the equation. X started "dating" someone about 3 weeks after he left, so I guess I am doing pretty good to have waited this long!
I've struggled with this for a while now. When is the right time? So many people will judge me....dating so soon? And with a baby?? Shame on you. But it's about me, not them. What will it be like? Surely, dating is different when you have a child. I don't even know what to expect. How will I handle it? I'm afraid my past relationships, especially the most recent one to C's "father", will effect my future ones. I'm afraid I wont be able to trust again. Where can I even meet someone who is of "dating" material...and possibly even "father" material for C? I don't go out. If I leave the house, it is to go to the grocery store. Or to my cousin and her husband's for dinner. When I leave town, I go visit family and my best friend/her husband, and it's possible I could end up meeting a great guy through them, but do I really want to attempt long distance relationships again? At some point or another, all of my "real" relationships have been long distance for an extended period of time, if not the entire relationship. It just doesn't suit me.
While I would really just love someone to casually date, in the back of my mind, I am searching for that one. What's the point in wasting time if he doesn't see some kind of future for us? I have a child now, I can't date like I used to. Luckily, C is still so very young that if I do date around a bit, she wont remember. But that's not what I want. Dammit, is it to much to ask for for my soul mate to walk right up, ask me to marry him, and we live happily ever after with C??
There's so much I am looking for in my next relationship. Or not looking for, depending on how you look at it. But that is definitely a whole 'nother blog post!! I just want someone who will love me and my daughter. Someone I can be happy with. I'm ready to start my life over and leave the past where it belongs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me some love!