July 19, 2010

C is SIX months old!

This past Tuesday, the 13th, C turned 6 months old!  Can you believe it?!  Me neither..  It's amazing when I sit down and think about it..  She has changed so much and I know there is way more to come!  She is learning to crawl and does quite well with it.  Started getting up on all fours and trying to move forward around 5 months, 1 week.  She could sit up completely on her own, without toppling over by 5 months.  Within the next week and a half, she was able to push herself from the "crawling" or laying position to sitting right up.  At 5 and a half months, she grabbed the side of her crib and pulled herself and stood there for a long while until I got overexcited clapping and saying "good job baby!" and she got a little frightened at her own accomplishments and let go :P  Now she can crawl to any sturdy surface that is just the right height and pull herself up!  She said "mama" for the first time right around 4 and a half months, but only when she was upset.  Now while she is playing she is constantly talking....."babababbababababa   mamamamamamamama  ggggeeeeeeee  *squeal* ppppfffttt"  :]  She started that about a week before turning 6months.  She spits and blows raspberries ALL the time, despite the fact that I tell her it's rude..  No matter how upset she gets, she will stop to giggle like crazy when I pop out and say "peekaboo!"  So totally cute!  If I tell her to give me a kiss and make the kissy sound, she opens her mouth wide and sticks her tongue out just a little bit and goes straight for my mouth!  Nomnomnom!  I love slobbery kisses!  She absolutely LOVES the water.  She splashes around, giggles, dunks her own head under, and tries to drink the water [yuck!].  We quit swaddling about two weeks or so ago and she has done pretty good.  No longer sleeps 9-10hrs straight through the night, but on a normal night she wakes around 3am to eat 2oz and goes back to sleep, then again around 6:30am.  Some mornings I will put her in bed with me and she will go back to sleep for a few more hours.  She still sleeps in her crib every night unless we are out of town, then it's mostly in the pack and play.  Okay, I lied.  I did let her sleep in my bed with me other night....but she was very restless and I REALLY wanting some cuddle time...  She has tried: green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, carrots, and pears so far and seems to like them all.
The day after she turned 6 months, I had her portraits done.  They turned out amazing!  Here are a few of my faves:
 
Look at those big beautiful blue eyes!



sitting up all by herself!



so innocent!



happy girl!



"Stop mom! I got this!"  Hehe.  She kept pushing me away...



cheesing!  I could just eat them cheeks up!



she was obsessed with this flower!



she was amazing by the camera...kept trying to crawl over and take it!



HOW CUTE WERE THEY!!!

Now, wanna see a few of her 6 WEEK portraits?  Look how much she has changed, but still the same beautiful baby!


1 comment:

  1. OMG! She is so adorable! Happy 6 month birthday baby! Sorry I'm late! It takes me a while to get through all the posts I need to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!